Monday, June 29, 2009

The Browns are going well without WR Stallworth

After their wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth was suspended, the Browns have been going will without him. The have drafted two wide receiver, Brian Robiskie and Mohamed Massaquoi, in the second round. And coaches have notaddressed the status of Stallworth to the team or used his absence as incentive to get players to compete for his spot.
Write For Pay

“We’re all aware of it but they don’t bring it up and say this might be or not be or what could happen,” said Robiskie. “They just let us go play. They know that with all the receivers we have, there are going to be opportunities for a lot of guys. They just stress for us to go out there and compete.”

“They’re just rotating everybody in,” Robiskie said. “We haven’t designated a lot of units or guys going in with different groups. They are trying to give everybody opportunities.”

Stallworth is serving a 30-day sentence for DUI manslaughter after reaching a plea agreement earlier this month. He was suspended by the NFL indefinitely for this case.

Robiskie also said that only Braylon Edwards is set for a starting job at one receiver spot till now and no depth chart has been established during offseason workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, welcome to leave your comments.

It is fine to embed keywords and links either in your name or your comments or both,

but please be serious with your comments and do not spam with two or more links in one comment.

System will automatically block spam comments.

Enjoy reading and discussing!

Share this post