Saturday, June 6, 2009

CB Winfield has no intent to leave Vikings

As we knew previously, CB Antoine Winfield has been missing the Vikings OTAs because of contract dispute. But recently he told reporters that he has not planned to leave the Vikings.

2009 is the last year of the veteran's six-year, $34.8 million contract.

He stated late Thursday that he wants to finish his career with the Vikings. He also said he wishes he could be at the OTA sessions, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
Write For Pay

“I want all to know that I’m not at OTAs because I don’t want to be there,” Winfield said. “I do want to be there! As I have stated before, I want to finish my career a Viking.”

Last season, Winfield started 16 games for the Vikings and finished second on the team with 95 tackles. I guess the Vikings will anyway consider a better contract with Winfield, and that's why Winfield has no plan to leave the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, welcome to leave your comments.

It is fine to embed keywords and links either in your name or your comments or both,

but please be serious with your comments and do not spam with two or more links in one comment.

System will automatically block spam comments.

Enjoy reading and discussing!